Who wants a discount at B&Q?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd share this with you all. B&Q are running a 10% discount promo on "Christmas Items" at the moment. However if you read the terms and conditions unless you are buying a conservatory/kitchen or a few other items, there is nowhere that it says your 5l of Dulux emulsion or whatever else you are buying is excluded. All you have to do is argue the toss at the checkout and ask them to show you were it says that your item is excluded and bobs your uncle - 10% discount.

Opps looks like someone there made a boo-boo!!!!! :p :p :p :p

Sponsored Links
i'm sure there will be a list somewhere of specific "christmas items" and POS will be about on items that are included. they will tell you that there is no POS material on or near the dulux paint and thus it is not included. Also i presume by christmas items they mean items not normally on sale at any other time of year.

No. Honest truth. I questioned the voucher at the checkout and they had to admit that there were no exclusions to items on sale except those mentioned on the voucher!! Just try it!!!

I bought some sds drill bits and chisels from b&q the other day. Didn't even know bout the promo. Handed girl the full amount, and she said have 10% off, and heres another voucher for next time. She didn't even mention Christmas. And she had a lovely little glint in her eye, hope the two things weren't related. Might have to offer to buy her a drink next time 4 her helpfullness.:cool:

Sponsored Links
you were lucky, they don't have to sell the item to you if they don't want to, sale price or not.

'Who wants a discount at B&Q?' Blimey, you are lucky to get away with talking of such places on here with out being ripped limb from cornwellian limb !! This is DiyNOT... get the drift? Some do not.
:cry: :cry:

I realize that the evil sheds do not necessarily sell the best quality goods or at the best prices compared to wholesalers, but in a emergency that have their place for getting branded products (obviously forget the service and expertise) that you would normally source elsewhere. After all (not being homophobic!!!!!), how many people after a hard days work if the only pub open was a gay bar (there was no where else to drink) would say I'n not going in there for a pint of Carlsberg when they know that the beer will still taste the same despite not being served in a environment that they may be happy in??????

Yes all the spitters of bile are to be seen here and there gliding about the sheds, faces hidden behind brochures, inspecting by touch, feel and smell, that which they may have to dream about at the likes of threadset .. Happiness in gay abandon ??? Plenty of that here my luvver !!
A gay, shedding, pizzhead hey? You must meet Slogger, he'll sort you out...

Talking of 'gay abandon' haven't seen owt of nine-bob aka 45p aka Euro 0.66 for a while ... Pro discoteer then, perhaps.

;) :D :D

empip said:
Yes all the spitters of bile are to be seen here and there gliding about the sheds, faces hidden behind brochures, inspecting by touch, feel and smell, that which they may have to dream about at the likes of threadset .. Happiness in gay abandon ??? Plenty of that here my luvver !!
A gay, shedding, pizzhead hey? You must meet Slogger, he'll sort you out...
I didn't realise slogger was gay! :eek:

Whats the big problem /snide joke about being Gay ...
one of my best lads/worker is a "Raving Queer" as he calls himself , an we never jest or try to belittle/BULLY him about his way of life ,
btw he is very quick adept bathroom fitter an Yes he is the Tidiest ...

my wife loves him to bits like the gay son she never had ..lol

an the last point , I was bullied rotten at school for being a "skinny runt"

I was a premature birth an not expected to live an lived on "Scotch Emulision" as a baby ....

the "Cock of our Year " hardiest /real tough guy was a pal at school an stopped the bullying ,he was "one of the Gayers" I found out later in the 90s in the Gay village many years after ,

Missing the point Moz, not snide at all.
You are quick to jump in defence where there is nothing to defend !
Mentioned people who hate sheds.. supposedly... but likely use them anyway to be able to touch and feel the merchandise usually only seen in catalogues.
Had some fun with DaveE .. he mentioned gay ... (there is a thread hereabouts regarding drinking in gay bars without a problem, done that no probs with it)... sheds and drinking
Some fun about being different and Slog's possible outlook.

A muse about 'ninebob', a regular poster who has been missing for some time ...
:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back