Who will install integrated solar panels with my new roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although this question isn't strictly DIY, I couldn't think of a better place to ask it. I am thinking about having the roof tiles replaced and would like to go with integrated (in-roof) solar panels. Theoretically this should be much neater than add-on panels but who would take on the work? Roofers are not experienced in solar technology and solar companies are not roofers. Internet searches have been pretty useless. Does anyone know of a company covering the NW of England that could do the complete job?

Sponsored Links
We have done it, but costs and poor energy return form solar tiles are prohibitive.

Actually there are quite a few roofers who are trained in installation of solar panels, the only hurdle is that a certified electrician must connect to the grid.

If you go to the NFRC website www.nfrc.co.uk they list members who carry out solar installation as well as tiling / slating. In any case the integrated panels are really only as difficult to install as a velux roof-light just a bit more awkward to handle.

Sponsored Links
We have just fittred 1200 solar slates with slate hooks in a natural slate roof. They look good but are very expensive, We had electricins doing all the connecting on the inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back