Who would you join and why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have decided to leave the NICEIC due to there rip off charges for anything they can think up & wasn't to happy with there customer relations.
So who would or have you joined-

ELECSA Ltd.
NAPIT Certification Ltd.
NICEIC Certification Services Ltd.

and for what reason?

Many thanks in advance for all replies.

Sponsored Links
Hi all.

I have decided to leave the NICEIC due to there rip off charges for anything they can think up & wasn't to happy with there customer relations.
So who would or have you joined-

ELECSA Ltd.
NAPIT Certification Ltd.
NICEIC Certification Services Ltd.

and for what reason?

Many thanks in advance for all replies.

Oh dear this is going to open a can of worms

the ECA or ELECSA

NICEIC all the way.

I know of one bloke who is NAPIT (he got kicked out of NICEIC after 12months) and he is terrible, no main bonding is quite common with his work, and he is still with Napit, makes me think they are not much cop.

Sponsored Links
NICEIC, although been with them since before you had to be with anyone. Seen some rough work from elecsa contractors and napit contractors, one elecsa guy put a TT installation down as a TN system on his cert.

Each of the bodies will have example of good and bad within them.

Anyone who ignores bonding without good reason wants stringing up, no matter where he sends his notifications.

I would personally enquire to each of the bodies about a list of charges/bolt ons, requirement to pay for and use their own certs, etc.. before making a choice.

Whats the difference between the NICEIC and NICEIC certification services ltd?

Ive got my assesment with ELECSA in May decided to join them as the price was quite good. Just worried about the inspection now as its a lot of money to loose.

I looked at all the bodies, just as mentioned before you'll get good and bad in any of them.

I joined NAPIT 3 years ago and cannot fault them. The support from NAPIT is excellent, they discount alot of gear such as testers etc.

They have not increased their fees for 3 years and allow you to spread the payments over 3 months, in the current climate this is very helpful.

I am seeing and getting to know more and more NAPIT contractors round here as well.

I recently attended a course at NAPIT HQ, the cost was far cheaper than many other places, the ratio of the course was 2 to 1 and the quality of materials and delivery was spot on.

The CEO came in to have a chat at lunch time and wanted ideas of how NAPIT can continue to support and help it's members, very down to earth man.

Cannot imagine that this would be the case with NIC!!

The numbers joining NAPIT is growong rapidly and I have started to see that for some contract work NAPIT is being put down as well as NICEIC.

There is regular support materials sent out and you can call NAPIT if you need clarification on any aspect, they generally answer your quiry then and there if not someone calls you back within 30 minutes!!

Have no idea or experience of ECA or ELECSA but 3 mates who have been NICEIC for years have moved to NAPIT this year!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back