whoopee for me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went for an interview recently and got a phone call today offering me a post as plumbing/gas lecturer in a large college, 32hrs per week plus all school holidays, happy days :LOL: have been back on the tools for the last 6 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it but think this will be a great long term move for me, not crowing or anything, but these days all we are hearing is bad news so i thought i would post my good news.

Sponsored Links
Congratulations.

There will always be students so you won't go short of work. 600 waiting list for plumbing courses in my town.

Hope you get on ok :D

Sponsored Links
went for an interview recently and got a phone call today offering me a post as plumbing/gas lecturer in a large college, 32hrs per week plus all school holidays, happy days :LOL: have been back on the tools for the last 6 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it but think this will be a great long term move for me, not crowing or anything, but these days all we are hearing is bad news so i thought i would post my good news.

I've lost everything ...home .....job.....family....
only a small piece of cheese and half a packet of hobnobs to my name..................

BUT..........Good luck to ya.... ;)

I've lost everything ...home .....job.....family....
only a small piece of cheese and half a packet of hobnobs to my name..................

BUT..........Good luck to ya.... ;)

cheese doesn't taste right with hobnobs - sorry :LOL: :LOL:

good on you OP maybe the best move you could make in the current climate

Good luck, especially with trying to re-learn how you were actually meant to have done all those installations :LOL: :LOL:

got a phone call today offering me a post as plumbing/gas lecturer in a large college....................so i thought i would post my good news.

Will it be good news for the students kirkgas? Are you an experienced lecturer?

Well done kirkgas.

Just to back up bolo, I am a qualified and experienced Teacher/Trainer. I just wonder what we are training these people for. Sorry to sound so negative but I think the Plumbing trade, like all construction trades, is gonna suffer for quite some time to come. Consequently, where are these guys gonna learn/experience their chosen craft?

On the subject of Teaching/Lecturing kirk, you may well enjoy the switch and I really do hope it works out well for. You seem a well rounded lad and I think you'll go in with an open mind and realistic attitude. Just be aware that the colleges are all after more than their pound of flesh though. It won't be as easy as some might think it will be. You won't get too dirty but you'll definitely be earning ya crust mate.

The fact you have real world experience will be of great benefit to your students. Best of Luck.

Having moved between teaching in upper school and lecturing in college several times over the past few years, I am appalled at the standards of the latter. In particular, the lack of aims and objectives in lessons/lectures leaves me somewhat bewildered.

Having moved between teaching in upper school and lecturing in college several times over the past few years, I am appalled at the standards of the latter. In particular, the lack of aims and objectives in lessons/lectures leaves me somewhat bewildered.
Ditto.

The fact you have real world experience will be of great benefit to your students. Best of Luck.

Really? Could you kindly explain the great benefit the students will accrue from @real world experience

thanks for all the positive comments, i have A1 & V1 quals and have been working part time in a private gas training centre for 5 years with some input with their apprentices so i am confident i can deliver what is required rather than going in straight off the tools, i think the comment of real world experience is relevant to the students because i am a time served plumber i started work as an apprentice 31 years ago and have worked in the trade ever since and i believe it is beneficial to have actually done the job so i can speak from experience, i appreciate i will need to get into it before i see what it is really like but i am looking forward to it, we shall see!!

Sponsored Links
Back