whos liable for non payment of double glazing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Partner lives in my house, gets double glazing fitted throughout... We split up partner moves out.

Partner ordered the double glazing and payment due after fitting.

Is my partner soley liable. ?

There is no finance invovled, simply pay when fully installed

I assume all they can do is issue a claim in small claims court/high court writ?. They obviously cant and wouldnt try and remove the windows, since the property belongs to me etc.....

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm no , just a set of terms and conditions and signatures as to the design of the windows , but no contract

I dont think stitching up a glazing firm because you have both split up is fair!

Why dont you pay, as you own the house, and when you come to sell you've got the advantage of having the glazing.

Or make her pay half.

Sponsored Links
I dont think stitching up a glazing firm because you have both split up is fair!

Why dont you pay, as you own the house, and when you come to sell you've got the advantage of having the glazing.

Or make her pay half.

I am not "stitching" anyone up!!!. I am asking for some simple advice. The house is not owned, it is in fact a council estate, my gf said she wanted it doing, said she would pay for it and we got permission of the council to have the work done.

I am just finding out where i stand. I didnt ask my gf to walk out. Shes moved in with someone else and is refusing to pay.

best advice is speak to a solicitor and get it from the horses mouth.

thanks will do, how have people in different trades reacted when they had this problem?

Hmmmm no , just a set of terms and conditions and signatures as to the design of the windows , but no contract

forgive me if i am wrong but is that not what the contract would contain as in details off goods and services and terms and conditions!!
was it your signature on the document!!
had you split up before the windows where installed!!

They obviously cant and wouldnt try and remove the windows, since the property belongs to me etc.....
Why not?

It was that comment that made me think you were gonna pull a fast one on the glazing company.

Why don't you contact the council? As they own the property they might be able to help you financially, it'll be in their interest.

thanks will do, how have people in different trades reacted when they had this problem?

no because i get them to sign a contract. you may find you are jointly and severaly liable.

The house is not owned, it is in fact a council estate, my gf said she wanted it doing, said she would pay for it and we got permission of the council to have the work done.

I am just finding out where i stand. I didnt ask my gf to walk out. Shes moved in with someone else and is refusing to pay.

So you jointly applied for permission but only she does not want to pay, correct?

Or make her pay half.

I am not "stitching" anyone up!!!. I am asking for some simple advice. The house is not owned, it is in fact a council estate, my gf said she wanted it doing, said she would pay for it and we got permission of the council to have the work done.

They can apply to the council for permission to remove the windows, if granted, you can not stop them.

As you still remain to gain benefit from them being fitted, you are also liable for the cost of them.

Sponsored Links
Back