Who's prize ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hypothetical moral dilemma to answer. If an equal business partner uses a Company mobile phone to text a competition line and proceeds to actually win the prize on offer , then who does the prize rightly belong to ?

Sponsored Links
oh, and where I work they would also be sacked for using abuse of a company phone. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think it will depend on whether there is a Policy in your workplace regarding the 'private' use of work equipment. In fact, it probably needs to be quite specific about the use of business phones.

If there are no Policies in place, then the employee could argue that he 'didn't know' not to use the phone for personal business :rolleyes: :)

In the case described, where the phone is used by a Partner, I would not be surpised to learn that, by practice and custom at least, the partners commonly use their company phones for personal calls.

So it would be too late to complain after the prize had been won.

However, I think it is very reasonable to forbid the use of company phones for premium-rate personal calls.

The person that answered the question.
What if the person on the phone put bet's on the horses and lost a load of money? who should pay the bill? its easy isnt it ;)

Company mobile phone to text

if texted how does the competition giver know who made the call except the company phone no ...!

Moz said:
Company mobile phone to text

if texted how does the competition giver know who made the call except the company phone no ...!
oh! I don't know about that malarky :oops:

Moz said:
doh ....
equal business partner....its shared
yeah, but how do u share a speedboat? Cut it down t'middle? And what if you live in Tamworth? Nearest water's 100 miles away. :LOL:

Quite a response there. I will enlighten you a little. It specifically refers to Top Gear competitions where you text A , B , or C to a certain number.
The prize is always a very desirable and very expensive car and should the Partner that is texting in, win the car, then would the other partner have an interest in it because they have paid for half of the text message to enter (albeit unknowingly). Tricky situation I know and very unlikely to ever happen but still curious . In short , would you feel a bit p"$£%d off if they were to be driving around in a £25k car that your money helped them win ?

Isn't it just life!
galleries take 40% off me, the tax man takes 40% off me, the vat man takes 17.5% off me and that's all before my accountant, etc., etc., etc.

Sponsored Links
Back