Why a seperate zone for UFH?

You better post him up a sketch Tony or we'll be here all night!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
very clever ever seen it done ?

Only very rarely see it because most people dont know how to do it !

There are only three good reasons for doing it, modifying a system more cheaply, finishing a job when you havent got all the best bits or using up bits that you do have.

focking.gif

Thanks for all the responses

I checked in the loftspace last night and definitely do just have a single 3 port valve at the minute.

So, it seems that I either need to have this valve replaced with 3 x 2 port valves to make a "S" plan set up, or add an additional 3 port valve as described above. This second method does appear to be the simpler of the 2 options.

With regards to timing and temperature control of the UFH, the existing system is running from a Honeywell 9400c with digistat in the hall way.

I have been given a simple thermostat to control the floor but realise that I'm going to need independent control of this zone.

Would a programmable thermostat be able to provide this control if I choose the 2 x 3 port valve option?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks mysteryman

I did actually have a quick look at the boiler you suggested a few days ago but it seems to be a gas boiler and unfortunately I'm on oil.

But I think that I'm going to have to suffer the expense of having a decent heating engineer in to convert the system to S plan so that I can get full control of the different elements.

Any idea of a ball park figure for how much this should cost me?

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back