Why a seperate zone for UFH?

I would always recommend an auto bypass valve.

But if piping could be easily added for a towel rail and that was a required feature then I would be comfortable with that.

To ny

Sponsored Links
The purpose of a pump overrun is to dissipate residual heat. An auto bypass merely sends residual heat back to the boiler.

The purpose of a pump overrun is to dissipate residual heat. An auto bypass merely sends residual heat back to the boiler.

Aye, another pearl of wisdom!!!

If the UFH is in a screeded floor, of course it can be connected to the existing CH system......................FFS it'll take 1 day to cool down anyway!!

Gentlemen; the Greemwash Ex-Double Glazing salesmen that are now selling UFH need to sell controls, it's the only way they can make a profit!!

I have never seen 2 x 3 ports on any system and dont think its possible, on heating systems with ufh, rads and dhw cylinder using a 3 port valve, there is normally a blocking 2 port valve installed just before the 3 port, the 2 port blocks what ever port is open when the ufh is running and opens with the 3 port when the rads or hot water cylinder calls for heat.

Sponsored Links
Listen, if the technical knowledge of the people posting here doesn't improve, i'll be re-joining my chums over on Screwfux........Pfffttttt!!!

Of course you can fit three 2 port valves, it's called an S Plan plus or something.

The autobypass done not have to be between the flow and the return although on low water content boilers thats usually adequate.

It can also be fitted across the............

By the way a three port can also be fitted to operate as a two port as well as fitted to have the same effect as two two ports ( when there is already a three port in use ).

Tony

By the way a three port can also be fitted to operate as a two port as well as fitted to have the same effect as two two ports ( when there is already a three port in use ).

Tony

sorry tony I have no idea what your on about here :eek: care to give a clearer explanation

go on tricky dicky explain what agiles on about **********.

go on tricky dicky explain what agiles on about ******** .

OK *********** try this one for starters;
To use a Mid-Poss valve as a divertor valve;
Isolate the Orange(********** connect the White & Grey together. This will Divert from AB-B to AB-A.

************************!

yea and one of the ports will always be open so if you have 2 x 3 port valves on the same system you wont have control of the zone.... care to explain

You connect the second three port to the output of the first three port which can close off its output thus disabling both outputs of the second.

The second three port can simulate two two ports and open either one or both or neither ( when the first is closed ). Bit like 7400 logic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back