Why all the bg engineer bashing?

Think it was last year service side made 26 million and done 3 million jobs so average of less than 9 quid a job profit is that ripping off or having to cover big overheads

So, you're saying they made £8.6M on each job, yeah sounds about right!!

Sponsored Links
the irony is that moaning about the shocking jobs ive seen done by independent installers on these forums is pointless because only the good guys take part in such a thing, whereas good bg guys on the forum have to put up with the generalised s***te based on the tiny minority.

or something, im drunk

Not going to discuss the figures - 'cos your too far oop North for me to know. But your sentiments about forum posting I DO agree with.

iwork for bg. our next biggest competitor in scotland does 1500ish installs a year, bg does 11k (2011). independents can bash bg to **** all they want based on the 0.5 percent of 'bad jobs' they see that they assume makes up the entire picture but i will remain proud to work for a company that does that volume of installs and safe in the knowledge that i (an installer) pride myself on my work to the same extent you independent guys do.

the irony is that moaning about the shocking jobs ive seen done by independent installers on these forums is pointless because only the good guys take part in such a thing, whereas good bg guys on the forum have to put up with the generalised s***te based on the tiny minority.

or something, im drunk

You must be well p.shed son!! When you think SG do the most installs in Scotland. Plumbers & small central heating firms do 1000s times more installations than SG. I'd get the figures from SNIPEF or Gas Safe but I can't be ar.ed.

i meant the next largest company by volume not all companies that are not bg, was just to demonstrate a sense of scale. but yes i was well pished to be fair

Sponsored Links
Come on Delta even kafflik skools teach better maffs than that ;)

You must be well p.shed son!! When you think SG do the most installs in Scotland. Plumbers & small central heating firms do 1000s times more installations than SG. I'd get the figures from SNIPEF or Gas Safe but I can't be ar.ed.

Is that absolutely true? because if those figures are correct and taking the 's' off your figure of 1000s that would mean 11m installs in Scotland every year. With a population of 5.5m every single person (not household) would be replacing their boiler twice a year?, certainly seems fairly lucrative.

Is that absolutely true? because if those figures are correct and taking the 's' off your figure of 1000s that would mean 11m installs in Scotland every year. With a population of 5.5m every single person (not household) would be replacing their boiler twice a year?, certainly seems fairly lucrative.

Of course they're not true, he's talking complete drivel mate.

are you saying im talking complete drivel?

in 2011 bg did 11k installations in scotland, that is fact. the market share is 12 percent or something so approx 100k total installations in scotland is probably about right. the point i made that you didnt understand was that the next largest company up here does approx 1500 installs per year.

no wonder people argue so much on these forums when there are people who bait and troll for the fun of it.

Do SG not have several large council contracts where they fit and whole life maintain the system for a fixed yearly price which recoups the installation costs.

not within the CHI division but perhaps through the social housing/community energy division. dont know for sure though

And I said on page 1. Engineers are one thing. Company policy and bullshlt is another.

Long live BG and I will benefit to the tune of the many dissatisfied customers that come my way.

Just wish they were in better moods.

:LOL: Sales advisers :LOL:

Nothing wrong with British Gas engineers its the crap they have to service that is the problem.

Nothing wrong with British Gas engineers its the crap they have to service that is the problem.
And most of that crap was installed by independents........
:LOL: Did I really say that?

Yes my Ferroli was fitted by an independant and thats the problem after fitting and taking the CASH DOSH he became very illusive, but that was my fault for not paying the going rate or did I?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back