Why are dummies so life like?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago, I was waiting for a tube train at White City station. On the other side of the track a 6 story building is being built.

Hanging over the side of a building was what I assumed was a person in a harness. I became slightly concerned that the "person" was not moving. I then noticed that a team of people 2 floors higher were trying to use a pole to grab his harness. The fact that they were 2 stories above him, rather than being on the same floor that he was at lead me to conclude that the "guy" was a mannequin and part of a training exercise.

My question is- why does it have to look so life like? It even had shoes.

dummy.jpg

Sponsored Links
A few weeks ago, I was waiting for a tube train at White City station. On the other side of the track a 6 story building is being built.

Hanging over the side of a building was what I assumed was a person in a harness. I became slightly concerned that the "person" was not moving. I then noticed that a team of people 2 floors higher were trying to use a pole to grab his harness. The fact that they were 2 stories above him, rather than being on the same floor that he was at lead me to conclude that the "guy" was a mannequin and part of a training exercise.

My question is- why does it have to look so life like? It even had shoes.

View attachment 339391
To stir people's emotions.

Makes the experience more realistic, if you know what I mean...

Sponsored Links
Oh *******s sorry typo.

Keir Starmer​

But he does appear so much a Keith.

Last edited:
What is 'a Keith' supposed to be like, Andy Pandy?

A dopey plonker who is like a cardboard cut out perhaps? Oh no, that's Sir Kneel.

It is an insult to the memory of Keith Chegwin to imply any similarity to Sir Lefty Lawyer.

Sponsored Links
Back