Why are we punishing school children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
"Why are we punishing school children?"

I leave the house before 0600 , get home around 1800, and work some weekends.
I get five weeks' holiday per annum.
My wife works all week, and has taken a care job overnight every Monday, for some extra money. Being self-employed, she doesn't get paid holidays. Nor sickness pay. Nor a pension.

My wife works all week, and has taken a care job overnight every Monday, for some extra money. Being self-employed, she doesn't get paid holidays. Nor sickness pay. Nor a pension.

Your point being? That you work long hours?

But being self employed she can claim travel costs and lots of other costs that employed people cannot.

Your point being? That you work long hours?

But being self employed she can claim travel costs and lots of other costs that employed people cannot.

Your point being, is the question. Many work very hard for a lot less than a teacher's salary, so why single out teachers for "sympathy"?

Sponsored Links
Your point being, is the question. Many work very hard for a lot less than a teacher's salary, so why single out teachers for "sympathy"?

You want to give examples of those working harder for less?

What about the output of teachers? The effect they have on the education of the kids of this country? Or is education not important to the future prospects of the UK?

I fail to see how pressuring teachers with a knock on effect on kids education is acceptable because other people work harder for less.

Go and speak with some teachers then. None of the teachers I know claim to have it any harder than any other sector.

Bloody luxury lad.. you have it soft lad. I get up at 3:00 in the the morning work a 25 hour day and pay t'boss fer t'privilege. Home! Home! niver afore has I heard of such riches!

private school PE teacher. month off at easter and no homework to mark. plus you don’t even need a proper degree.

“All these cuts” are because more people voted not to pay them than those who voted to keep spending other people’s money, including our kids unearned future money - simple maths. :D

I would imagine that most teachers can't discipline their students because the government has tied their hands behind their backs, as they've done to the parents. And so the parents and the teachers fear the government, and the children fear nobody. And so God knows what sort of hell your average state school teacher has to endure every day. Add on top of this our political correctness culture and bureaucracy and they probably sit in fear of even sharing their angst with each other in fear of losing their jobs. Being paid a little bit more to suffer the exact same way is obviously not incentive enough, as the statistics demonstrate.

You've made your choices.

But I believe the rhetoric thrown at the public sector is, 'if you don't like it you are free to do something different'.

Therefore you know what to do ;)

You've made your choices.

But I believe the rhetoric thrown at the public sector is, 'if you don't like it you are free to do something different'.

Therefore you know what to do ;)
You clearly think this country is a **** hole, so you are free to do one too (y)

(And for your smug boat, I'm not complaining, just making a point regarding The OP's, op.)

You clearly think this country is a **** hole, so you are free to do one too (y)

(And for your smug boat, I'm not complaining, just making a point regarding The OP's, op.)
You're the one complaining about your 'lot' regarding this topic, not me.

However unlike you I wouldn't suggest you should leave as a default rant.

Because 'village idiots' are apparently in great demand nowadays ;)

Last edited:
We work at several schools all in the private sector although some are local authority funded , the local authority funded school , the discipline / behaviour of many of the pupils is dire.

do as they please , mouth off to the teachers ect ect

We work at several schools all in the private sector although some are local authority funded , the local authority funded school , the discipline / behaviour of many of the pupils is dire.

do as they please , mouth off to the teachers ect ect

You've hit the nail on the head. Teachers are ground down by the erosion if discipline in school. The lefty, child-centred education system is a disaster. The left have dismantled discipline in both schools and society. We now see the results in comps and out in the real world, eg. London tribal violence.

Teacher friend of mine left to run a pub. So disillusioned with the aggro and lack of power to do anything about it. Now working longer hours, but much happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back