Why can't I lay bricks ??

Sponsored Links
Well.......I've had a brickie I know in today, and I now know why I couldn't do it myself. The gulf between a keen DIY'er and a proper tradesman is huuuuuuge !! ;)

Because it's eventually going to be supporting a couple of RSJ's he had more of it toothed out and his mortar mix was a joy to behold, lol !! ;). And it took him a full day to do it, there's no way I could have done what he did.

Moral of the story, know your limits.......and maximum respect to proper tradesmen (y)

and respect to you.

it makes a change from DIYers moaning about how expensive pros are and how they could easily do it themselves in half an hour!

When I did my apprenticeship, for the first week, five long days, all we did was roll mortar on a spot board and some text book theory. Second week, we got to lay the mortar on a piece of 4x2 as a sort of pretend wall, another 5 long days. We did not pick up a brick until the third week and lay a brick towards the end of the third week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back