Why does it take so long to clear Motorway incidents?

It's to educate those gullible ones who go on GD (DIYnot) and re-publish the twaddle they read. Helps stop a lot of RWR making a fool of themselves.

It's a surprise to see how many take the DM as gospel, it conforms to their worldview so be damned with the facts.

Sponsored Links
No one takes the Guardian seriously either, but the DM article was the second one I found (and you know how Wannabe loves it when you give him things to trash) and just put a different slant on the BBCs storey.

Its won journalism prizes and most recently for the Panama Papers. Dogg you really are barking up the wrong tree. Comparing the DM to the Guardian.

Also Guardian won the Pulitzer with the Washing Post for the NSA revelations.

You might as well quote Breitbart. lol

Awards and prizes are irrelevant - if they swing in a political direction they have bias. The Guardian does and therefore its no different. Its human nature to consider your opinion is correct and others are barking. We even had a comment a few pages back saying someone's opinion had been corrected. You don't correct someone's opinion you change it to yours (at best).

I'd suggest this is about right, though a little surprising ..
Newspapers%20left%20right%20wing-01.png

Last edited:
Dogg you really are barking up the wrong tree. Comparing the DM to the Guardian

You've got to stop putting words in my mouth Kank, Now at what point did I compare the Guardian to the DM. Um, lets see, I didn't, but it's interesting how people see thing in a different perspective.

Daily Mail - sorry Dogg but that's not a source - facts for them are an aberration.

Odd how you dengrate the facts from the Daily Mail, but manage to selectively ignore the pretty much same facts from the BBC.

Sponsored Links
Theft on the other hand is not a crime conducted by anything close to 15% of the population, let alone 35%.

So why is enforcement "sneaky" when it is applied to limit-breaking drivers?

Are ticket inspectors on trains "sneaky?"

Traffic wardens?

they are require

Are ticket inspectors on trains "sneaky?"

Traffic wardens?

The code of practice requires them to be highly visible as a speeding deterrent. It's why cameras are yellow etc. So it's sneaky when they take their high vis van and hide it.

You've got to stop putting words in my mouth Kank, Now at what point did I compare the Guardian to the DM. Um, lets see, I didn't, but it's interesting how people see thing in a different perspective.

Odd how you dengrate the facts from the Daily Mail, but manage to selectively ignore the pretty much same facts from the BBC.

You made an equivalence to dismiss the Guardian on the same basis that the DM is dismissed as a source which is a false equivalence.

Awards and prizes are irrelevant - if they swing in a political direction they have bias. The Guardian does and therefore its no different. Its human nature to consider your opinion is correct and others are barking. We even had a comment a few pages back saying someone's opinion had been corrected. You don't correct someone's opinion you change it to yours (at best).

So if an award has any political bias it is irrelevant? Using that logic you can argue anything is political in nature from awards for science. The fact that the Pulitzer is held in high regard by all professional journalists will always have more relevance than you using some spurious logic to dismiss it.

You don't see the irony and sensationalism in the reporting by the DM.

The DM which supports the government policies where departments can raise their own finance directly then doesn't like it when the Police do this. The government has repeatedly cut budgets and asked departments to raise finance themselves - this is the outcome.

Do they leave open cars with keys in and then lie in wait to catch car thieves, or

a house with front door open to catch burglars?

Is it because catching speeders is a nice little (big) earner?

Do they leave open cars with keys in and then lie in wait to catch car thieves, or

a house with front door open to catch burglars?

Is it because catching speeders is a nice little (big) earner?

It is a big earner because they motivation is there to do so because of cuts. Lets be honest if you were in charge and they said ideas to raise revenue what would you say is easy way to do it?

Why do people complain about this and in the same breath agree with the idea of departments raising finance directly. You know the soundbite -well if you don't use the service why should you have to pay for it.

I was commenting on the thought that it was sneaky - which it is.

As all speed cameras (up to a limit) must surely make a profit, then why are there not more?

The code of practice requires them to be highly visible as a speeding deterrent. It's why cameras are yellow etc. So it's sneaky when they take their high vis van and hide it.

There's one that they hide (sorry place) around the bend on a wide road that doesn't need to be 30mpm, so you don't see it till it's too late. Anyone noticed how many average speed cameras they've now got, and in areas where the speed limit seems inordinately low. Now they might argue that evidence that shows an increase in accidents when drivers see the camera and brake sharply, then justifies the average speed system, but being a cynic, I still think there's a lot of revenue gain going on.

The code of practice requires them to be highly visible as a speeding deterrent.

Indeed; after all, it would not be of any use having a driver blasting down a road and having an accident / injuring someone, because they hadn't seen the camera in time to slow down.....

Sponsored Links
Back