Why i hate ASBOS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1282206/Teenage-gang-convicted-killing-mother-pushing-firework-letterbox-bullying-campaign-son.html

Nasty little thug and his gang terrorise an estate, and eventually kill a girl by shoving fireworks through her letterbox and burning the house down with her inside..
Anyone remember the Cochrane case?

yes, its not an uncommon occurrence, part of the reason why we should not be selling incendiary devices such as fireworks to brainless little teenage thugs.
The cochrane case isn't quite the same though - this was deliberate arson and murder/attempted murder (petrol through letter box) by the parents of one child against another family. I know the form tutor of both the girls concerned - he feels pretty badly about it all since if it weren't for him then the two girls wouldn't have been in the same form and the whole thing may not have happened.

Sponsored Links
he feels pretty badly about it all since if it weren't for him then the two girls wouldn't have been in the same form and the whole thing may not have happened.

The whole may have happened anyway regardless if they were in the same class or even school.
When I was in High School we were often involved in a fight with a local comprehensive. For no othr reason than that they thought we felt we were 'above' them in status. Teenage mentality.

he feels pretty badly about it all since if it weren't for him then the two girls wouldn't have been in the same form and the whole thing may not have happened.

The whole may have happened anyway regardless if they were in the same class or even school..
Maybe.

Relevant to this thread is a quote that I know my teacher friend lives his professional life by, as well as the "in loco parentis" oath. It comes from the play "Equus", and goes along the lines of "ultimately we cannot know what we do, and yet we do ultimate things".

Sponsored Links
Back