Why is DIYnot, not, more popular?

It's past now
As the politicians say;
"can we move on now"
but this site will be 'more browsed than contributed to' now
You should try BBC's strictly come dancing site. Talk about heavily vetted or what :eek:

Sponsored Links
but this site will be 'more browsed than contributed to' now

But if you 'browse' a forum then surely its because there is something about it that keeps you attracted to it. This would then lead you to post a reply to a subject that had caught your attention.
Ergo, you will post again or why bother 'browsing'?

When you post a relevant, contributory post and an experienced poster interjects with an irrelevant, sarcastic response, which is countered by me with an 'interrogotive, continuuing relevant and further advisory post' which is deleted without an explanation from the Mods and the original irrelevant, sarcastic post remains, one has to question oneself about one's own worth to the site.

Blimey, that was some sentence, no wonder the Mods thought "we don't need no education"
In addition the Mod does not respond to an e-mail asking for an explanation.

Either the poster and the Mod are one and the same, or the Mods are so few and far between they are overworked and cannot apply sensible moderation, or I'm having some kind of intrespective identity crisis

I fully support a moderated site. But I can't be a***d with a half-hearted attempt at moderation because that leads to posters leaving 'en masse'

Sponsored Links
The site's main aim is to provide advice and guidance. Having so many posts in so many topic areas does make it difficult to moderate EVERY area of the forum. Sometimes a simple deletion is made due to those constraints. These are after all, only discussions, it's not like anything deleted will effect the fabric of society. If some advice is lost because of a deletion due to bickering and/or abuse etc within the thread then another question can be posted.

To be honest notson, I'm not sure which one you are on about, and as you aren't giving any specific links, it's nigh on impossible to fully comprehend.

So, why not begin a thread on here and let's see where it goes. Obviously there will be sarcasm and daftness added as per norm, but why not try anyway?

As a previous regular poster who's post is deleted for no reasonable or apparent reason while the original sarcastic and irrelevant post remains is not conducive to encouraging regular contribution.
Doesn't affect the fabric of society but may diminish the value of the site a little.
Certainly explains why posters, regular or otherwise, don't return.

I do feel that there was something fishy about the incident.
BTW, I'm all for a bit of banter but when experienced posters use their experience to gain the advantage of Mods 'lack of time, space, expertise, motivation or whatever' then I think the Mods should sort it out or suffer the consequences of a diminishingly popular site.

Enough now.
I'm off.

Was that it? The end of a brief episode? Make it one for my baby and one more for the road....

Wish (s)he had provided specific examples.

Who d'ya reckon he was then? shytalks, megawatt..someone else.

I reckon it was shytalks, don't know why, just a feeling.

Sponsored Links
Back