Why is the brickwork wet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?

Sponsored Links
If there is no leak, but it really is the bricks absorbing rain from above only, you could put on some clear waterseal, e.g ronseal.

Sponsored Links
If there is no leak, but it really is the bricks absorbing rain from above only, you could put on some clear waterseal, e.g ronseal.

Thanks. What about the thing on top of the brickwork above the garage (I don't know what to call it), there is nothing to it to allow water to drip away from the wall, it seems to promote water running down the wall.

Some coping stones (I think one is called Eurodec but I'm not too sure) has a drip groove on each side that prevents water running back down the wall......the top of the copings can be either flat or sloped.
John :)

There's little that can be done, there probably isn't a drip, a drip can be created by running a bead of clear silicone along the outer bottom edge of the stones though which may help a little. But if there is any wind or breeze then any rain will merely blow onto the wall anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back