why is the WC filling slow?

J

joeread

I have just fitted a new WC with a drop valve, the water used to fill up really quick but now it takes 5mins and the WC is only 6leters?

thank you

Sponsored Links
try taking the valve off and removing the flow restrictor in the thread :)

Is the water supply to the WC mains pressure or fed from a low pressure gravity system?

Is the fill valve intended for use on mains pressure or a low pressure system?

Some fill valves are fitted with alternative internal parts to match the water supply pressure.

its a low pressure gravity system, how could i tell if the syphan is made for low level or high level? i dont have any instruction manuals

thank you

Sponsored Links
It will be inside the end of the connections for the water feed....the thread.

its a low pressure gravity system, how could i tell if the syphan is made for low level or high level? i dont have any instruction manuals

thank you

its not the syphon which is causing the prob, it is the ballvalve, or inlet valve, which will either have a blockage from dirt in the filter, or it will have the wrong oriface or it has an inline flow restrictor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back