Why type of paint for velux reveals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have three velux windows in my new build kitchen which are quite large 1600x800 and they are set in all three sides of a pitched roof so the reveals are the size of the window footprint going downwards.

What i am trying to work out, is this, i would like to paint the inside of these a different colour but unsure as to what type of paint i will need here.

Do i go for a matt finish? Will have quite a bit of sunlight on it and dont really want it to blind people or should i go for a satin?

Really unsure

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Matt emulsion should be fine but if the plastering is not quite perfect, including where the ceiling meet the reveals, then I would recommend something like Dulux Ultra Matt. It has, what their marketing calls "anti-reflective" qualities. It is great stuff but expensive. It hides imperfections far better than regular matt emulsions. Being super matt, you cannot wipe away stains but you can touch in those stains without seeing a halo effect.

From memory, it as about £70 for 5L. Not many places sell it but you can get free delivery from your local Dulux Decorator Centre.

Sponsored Links
Sods law they do not do the colour in Ultra Matt but they do have it in Durable Flat Matt which i think is a similar thing (and the same price).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back