WIFI room thermostat – have I done the cable bit correct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon.

I’m after some confirmation. Just changed over from an old rotating Honeywell room thermostat to a new WIFI digital one. It’s connected to my Potterton gas boiler via the switch unit underneath. (see pics). I’m aware that I have to leave the ‘CH’ slider to constant ‘ON’ to provide power to the thermostat.

It’s all work… but have I done it correctly??? Just want to check before screw it to the wall.

Thanks in advance.

Graham.
20191122_132628.jpg
20191122_132524.jpg
20191122_132704.jpg

Sponsored Links
You have wires in the correct terminals. But whether it's the correct wire or not depends on what is on the other end of each of the wires. Assuming the conventional way of wiring it up has been used, ie:

Red (would have been in Honeywell 1) = Live from programmer
Blue (would have been in Honeywell 2) = Neutral
Yellow (would have been in Honeywell 3) = Switched live to heating system / boiler

Capture.JPG

If that's how yours was, then yes the new one is wired up correctly. It wouldn't work if not.

Thanks for your reply. I was sure I had done it correctly but wanted a second opinion. It's all working, including the WIFI and Alexa bit, although that part wasn't as easy as I hoped!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back