Wilful clocks, or is it me?

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our kitchen are a large and small electric oven and two microwaves. All four have digital clocks: when we have a power outage (which is occasional) they have to be reset manually. We had an outage last Monday afternoon, and I reset them on Tuesday morning. I am quite nerdy about setting them all as equally and accurately as possible. On Wednesday morning my wife said that I had set the large oven and one of the microwaves wrongly, they were an hour behind. I was very surprised, not only that I would do that, but that we hadn't noticed for a day. I reset them to the correct time. On Thursday morning the two clocks had regained that lost hour, and were an hour ahead. I went to tell my wife and when I returned the small oven had advanced an hour too. By now I was totally bemused. This has never happened in the 12 years we've had these appliances, and what on earth can make an electric clock move forward and backwards an hour? They are all reset and now behaving themselves - so far. There is no connection to the outside world apart from the use of electricity.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back