Will Boris Survive The Day?

You were very lucky. They have the power to give you an immediate ticket, payable at once. If you can't pay, they have the power to march you off (metaphorically) to a cashpoint for you to take out some money to pay.
If you can't do that, they have the power to either arrest you until the fine has been paid, and/or to seize your vehicle.

You could have tried saying your name is Johnson, and you didn't recognise you were driving on a road. :whistle:

You are correct but I pointed out to the officers in English that they were technically correct as was I and therefore had a duty of care to allow me/us to travel on without any further delay.

About driving on the "road" you remind me of the time I parked by pretty hefty 4x4 on a pavement. This jobs worth CEO was going to ticket my car as I walked back to it. I said, 'hold on, WTF do you think you are doing, for FFS man." He tried to ignore me but when further probed by me the CEO had the audacity to advise me that I should not have parked on the pavement. I apologised and then reminded him he was only technically correct but it was a fact that there were no free parking spaces close by and I could not give a flying F of parking further do and could have easily left the 4x4 in the middle of the road. However, me being an upright citizen rather than block traffic I had parked my car for 25 mins on a pavement hardly used by anyone. However, in hindsight, I could have driven down the road and parked at a parking bay/meter but I had an appointment at the bank and could not miss that and therefore IMO I was technically correct and told him to jog on and not to judge people by their 180k 4x4 as I'd worked hard for it and I despised envious cretins. Rightly so the CEO apologised for his mistake and walked away with his tail between his legs.

Sponsored Links
RemovalVan.jpg

You are correct but I pointed out to the officers in English that they were technically correct as was I and therefore had a duty of care to allow me/us to travel on without any further delay.

About driving on the "road" you remind me of the time I parked by pretty hefty 4x4 on a pavement. This jobs worth CEO was going to ticket my car as I walked back to it. I said, 'hold on, WTF do you think you are doing, for FFS man." He tried to ignore me but when further probed by me the CEO had the audacity to advise me that I should not have parked on the pavement. I apologised and then reminded him he was only technically correct but it was a fact that there were no free parking spaces close by and I could not give a flying F of parking further do and could have easily left the 4x4 in the middle of the road. However, me being an upright citizen rather than block traffic I had parked my car for 25 mins on a pavement hardly used by anyone. However, in hindsight, I could have driven down the road and parked at a parking bay/meter but I had an appointment at the bank and could not miss that and therefore IMO I was technically correct and told him to jog on and not to judge people by their 180k 4x4 as I'd worked hard for it and I despised envious cretins. Rightly so the CEO apologised for his mistake and walked away with his tail between his legs.

Cool story.

Sponsored Links
Lets hope so . Who else is there?

A bunch of losers bitching about pedantic stuff who will not do any better if they took over, this has been proven time over. However today is a day for losers to get excited about who had a few drinks in a garden a year ago, that's the best they've got to bring down the government :D

If they want to fine you, they will, and they'll detain you until you've paid the fine.

It isn't an offence to park on the pavement everywhere, but it is in some places. But it's illegal to drive on the pavement everywhere. You are allowed to cross the pavement at dropped kerbs.
If it's an offence to park on the pavement, there is sometimes justification for it. But an appointment at the bank would not suffice. The age old response is: "allow yourself sufficient time to travel". If whoever was writing out a ticket changed their mind ( and I believe once they've started they're committed), then it was you being lucky, not your pseudo legal challenge.

It isn't an offence to park on the pavement everywhere, but it is in some places. But it's illegal to drive on the pavement everywhere. You are allowed to cross the pavement at dropped kerbs.
If it's an offence to park on the pavement, there is sometimes justification for it. But an appointment at the bank would not suffice. The age old response is: "allow yourself sufficient time to travel". If whoever was writing out a ticket changed their mind ( and I believe once they've started they're committed), then it was you being lucky, not your pseudo legal challenge.

That what I said to the CEO that its not an offence and I'm a lawful citizen. The CEO had the audacity to say that you can only park on the pavement where there was signage and marking allowing this. The bottom line, my banking appointment was important to me and that's what counts.

FYI, I allowed myself more than enough time EG it normally takes 20 mins during that time of the day and I left 40 mins early, so double the time.
Sadly, many ignorant parasites on the roads that don't have a proper licence and the cars they drive are too bif for them, EG Cosrsa, Zaffari and the like mob.

CEO had put his pen to paper and I made an effort to walk faster when I noted the CEO taking pics of my car and I was please as I though he was admiring my machine.

It was a long while ago and my paperwork is up to date and I guess the cEO and credit to him, he knew that I was a law abiding, taxpayer and through no fault of my own was left in these circumstances created by others.

In hindsight I should have left three hours early as the parking spaces there are for 2 hours and no return for 5 hours and would have got a space. It goes without say I'm a magnanimous gentleman that follows the rules, pays his takes, works hard and an man that despises favouritism.

A bunch of losers bitching about pedantic stuff who will not do any better if they took over, this has been proven time over. However today is a day for losers to get excited about who had a few drinks in a garden a year ago, that's the best they've got to bring down the government :D
Festive is an apologist for a narcissist.

obviously he voted for the loser.

Jeez us wept this sausage roll and a drink in a garden is a serious issue :eek:

on a par with global warming
War in Europe
The Russians

blimey how are we to survive this sausage roll and a drink caper :eek:

Armageddon

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Must admit I have noted in the past few years that standards have dropped in all walks of life in this country

imo it all started to go down the toilet when we joined the EU

;) Yes exactly foreigners:sneaky::sneaky::)

Sponsored Links
Back