Will gravity feed work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to fit a rayburn into an existing fireplace. However, the existing 28mm plumbing comes into the wrong side of the fire place, and I am going to have to run the pipes behind the rayburn and into the other side. This will introduce at least 3 x 90 degree bends on each of supply and return pipes - cant use swept bends, as space is too tight.

Will the gravity feed cope with this reduction in flow? Any way I can assess this before fitting?

Sponsored Links
as long as there is a rise and fall.going back a bit if i remember its at least every 3 meters horizontal there should be a 1 meter rise.a 90 degree bend is equivelent to 1/2 meter.like i said going back a bit.but basically convection is as it is.hot water rise then falls.due to density/convection.

It would be better to come up at the wrong side, and run across the top.

Rayburn used to make left hand oven cookers years ago as well as right hand ones.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice. I think I will probably have to re-run the pipes to the hot tank, so they can drop down the left hand side of the fireplace. Just makes it a slightly bigger job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back