Will higer DHW flow give more poweful shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My curent boiler shows it can produce 9.2l per minute at 35oC, the new boiler I'm thinking of will produce 12.3, will this increase the power of my Mira 415 mixer shower?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any problem with your shower at the moment?

Tony

I know the 415 is only a mixer but it's not very powerful, espicially in the winter when you need more hot to give the heat, I was hoping the high DHW flow of a new boiler would give a bit extra power.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is the limiting factor then you will get better flow with a more powerful boiler. The symptom of the shower struggling in mid to late winter is a good sign that the boiler is limiting the available flow rate rather than just the pipes or inadequate mains pressure.

Strangely enough I also have a Mira 415. Running off a nominal 20kW output boiler (slightly less than yours, I think), it worked OK but I definitely noticed the difference in winter. Now fed by a 37kW boiler it works exactly the same all year round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back