Will send beer Thorn apollo to hive help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good afternoon boys and girls,

So I’m fed up of this hive now

I’m trying to get the h/w and c/h to work separate but at the moment I have to have the h/w on and the heating works
I’ll attach photos of the current set up

Anyone able to help ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 185
Sponsored Links
I can't see the photos clearly, but some systems were pumped and wired so the hot water has to be on before the heating can work. This was set by an interlock on the old timer/programmer.

the system ever worked with heating-only?

Yeah because you could put the timer on the old clock on the boiler but the thermostat doesn’t seem to do anything it’s either on or off and the temp in the thermostat (hive) changes but doesn’t turn the heating off if it goes over the selected temp either

This looks the same as mine

Attachments

• 9FA5AF50-DED4-499B-8690-DEAD8DA91185.png
    9FA5AF50-DED4-499B-8690-DEAD8DA91185.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
Sponsored Links
You've got a 3 port valve that's set to H/W priority, and then opens for the C/H. If that's the case, then you can't have them working independently; you'd need 2 x two port valves for that.

Don't know anything about Hive, but that Apollo is a cracking boiler. Mate has got the Olympic version. Still chooching after all those years/decades - even though it gets lots of use.

You've got a 3 port valve that's set to H/W priority, and then opens for the C/H. If that's the case, then you can't have them working independently; you'd need 2 x two port valves for that.
So to have the c/h on I have to have h/w? Seem crazy? Any idea why the thermostat doesn’t do any thing? It wouldn’t be to bad if I could select the temp and turn it down espically in the summer

It might seem daft, but you want hot water all year round, so it has priority, but you only want CH in the winter, so that makes it secondary. The thermostat should control the 3 port valve and shut off the CH. Sorry, not up to date on the Hive, so can't help much more here, but I suspect it's either not wired properly, or incompatible with your boiler. I'm wondering if it's because you've got 1 and 2 bridged on the hive unit.

The only reason I bridged them was to get the hot water to work from memory i had no hot water when I removed the bridge,
Iv just been reading the instructions again as it’s doing my head in now as summers hopefuly on its way,
It says if it gravity fed there’s another setting any idea why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back