will this light fitting be enough for our bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a house we bought and in our bathroom the light fitting is a 4 X GU10 ceiling bar which gives off way too much light IMHO. I've never seen anything like it in a bathroom.

I am considering replacing it with something like this:

which requires 1 x G9 Max 25w. My question is whether this will be enough given that there are no other lights (nothing above the mirror for instance) and a single window.

Any help appreciated.

Glider26

Sponsored Links
really depends on the size of your bathroom and if the bathroom needs plenty of light for the preening of the fairer sex.
But for a standard sized bathroom 3m x 2.5m, should be okay.

I disagree.

25W of incandescent lighting is not very much, and as that takes a G9 capsule it's rather small.

Look for something designed to take a full-size GLS lamp (but actually use a CFL), or one which uses a PL- or 2D lamp.

I've got one of these in a 2x2.3 bathroom, with a 20W-or-so (can't remember) CFL, and it's fine.

But you might like to ask SWMBO if she'd like an illuminated mirror for applying the slap.

I had a 20 watt circular flourescent fitting, it came with a plastic diffuser from B&Q - I think they still stock it. Its very efficient and gives very good light for "getting ready" and washed, and reading the paper on the bog.

Alternatively, get a standard flush fitting which you can fit with a CFL replacement.

Sponsored Links
We have a 28w 2d fitting with a opal diffuser in our bathroom, about 2.6mx2m, it gives out more than enough lgt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back