Recommendations for Bathroom light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a good bathroom light?

Ceiling is 2400mm up so I believe this makes it a dry zone or out of scope - I take it this means you do not require (by law) a specific bathroom light (IP44 etc.)?

Money is a bit tight so we don't really want to put in a partition ceiling for downlights so I'm trying to find a decent looking 3-4 spot fitting that can just replace the current cack one.

Most I've seen on sale seem to take G9 bulbs - we've got a 4 spot light in the kitchen that takes G9 halogen but the damn things seem to blow with irritating regularity so I don't really want to go the G9 route unless concensus is that the kitchen light has a duff transformer or something?

My prefererence would be for something that takes MR16's or similar?

Anyhoo - anyone got any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have downlights

apart from illuminating patches of the room, rather than overall, the holes in the ceiling allow steam to pass through, causing damp and condensation in the cold loft. And they look silly, and will look worse when they have finished going out of fashion.

also I see no reason to have a fancy bulb when you can fit and run an ordinary CFL at far less cost

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back