will this "reviver" bath tap handle work as a repl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We just bought a house and as my wife turned off the hot water bath tap in the family bathroom, the handle broke off:

Underside of the handle

Will I need to replace the whole tap (complete with removal of the bath :confused: ) or will I get away with just fitting something like this Swirl Modern Reviver Kit Bath ¾” Lever Tap:

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Presumably the original tap was the 1/4 turn type?
You will really need to remove the original insert, and compare it length for length against your proposed replacement. You also need to compare the number of splines on the tap end, their length and diameter.
Unfortunately there are loads of inserts available.
John :)

Hello glider26... I’m hoping you can give me some advice. One of the handles on my Bristan Java bath shower mixer has broken and it is the same model as the one you had. I’ve been searching for a replacement handle but I can only find newer models that are different on the underside. Did you manage to find a replacement? If so, could you please tell me where from? Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/untitled.34696/#ixzz6QeFeRhib

Sponsored Links
Hello glider26... I’m hoping you can give me some advice. One of the handles on my Bristan Java bath shower mixer has broken and it is the same model as ...

Hi,

I wish I could help but this was a one-off job a long time ago by an amateur (me) and we have since replaced the whole bathroom. I can’t remember exactly but I think I was successful in the replacement outlined above. Sorry I can’t be of much use.

Thanks for getting back to me. Ok, so perhaps the new model handles would fit the old style bath shower filler. I will have to give it a try. Shame you no longer have your handles and valves - I would have bought them from you! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back