Wind Turbines

Hull isn't really in Yorkshire, though, is it - are you still petitioning for the return of the East Riding?
A. East Riding came back in 1996.
B. Hull is part of Yorkshire, as it is part of the ceremonial county of East Riding of Yorkshire.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A common false argument pushed by the fossil fuel industry

Why don't we have a field full of Brexxers and anti vaxxers - the wind alone from these morons would power turbines to produce enough energy to power the country.

It's a win win - we get to coral all the idiots into one spot and let them mouth off with their hate fuelling the green economy - it would be beautiful. :LOL:

What is made from the same wood as a Christmas tree, held together by glue and manufactured in a Swedish factory for assembly later?

Go [email protected]

_132120251_modvion10-23.jpg.webp

From the link:

Analysis by Carbon Brief estimates that if onshore wind had continued to be built at the same rate it was in 2017 – before the ban started to come into effect – 7GW of onshore wind would have been built. This would have knocked £5.1bn off energy bills, or £182 for each UK household, in the year from July 2022 to June 2023.

A spokesperson for the levelling up department said: “We’ve updated the national planning policy framework to make it easier and quicker for onshore wind projects to come forward, where there is local support. These changes will need time to take effect but will ultimately pave the way for more projects while ensuring that the views of the community are taken into account.”

From the link:

Analysis by Carbon Brief estimates that if onshore wind had continued to be built at the same rate it was in 2017 – before the ban started to come into effect – 7GW of onshore wind would have been built. This would have knocked £5.1bn off energy bills, or £182 for each UK household, in the year from July 2022 to June 2023.

A spokesperson for the levelling up department said: “We’ve updated the national planning policy framework to make it easier and quicker for onshore wind projects to come forward, where there is local support. These changes will need time to take effect but will ultimately pave the way for more projects while ensuring that the views of the community are taken into account.”
Dont understand the £5.1Bn quoted as coming off Energy Bills. The price of Electricity is geared to Power Generation from ALL sources, infact Energy from Wind Turbines more expensive from wind farms than fossil fuel sources for some ridiculous reason. This is why Wind Turbines can be seen Idle for a lot of the time when the wind window is suitable because it is cheaper for the National Grid to buy power from Fossil Fuel sources rather than wind. National Grid buy their fuel from the lowest cost source, if WInd was cheaper then National grid would ensure Wind Turbines are ALWAY rotating and as such provide the Base Load. At least that is my simple understanding.
It would be ridiculous to purchase fossil fuel generation if wind was cheaper as such WInd Turbines would Always be rotating as long as there was enough wind to drive them and this is not my observation. I see 100's of wind turbines stationary even on days when the wind is in the wind speed window for their use.
If anyone reads the ORIGINAL posting of this thread, that was the basis of the thread and I have not seen a plausible explanation of why the numerous wind turbine are stationary on suitable wind days in all of the 36 pages of responses to this thread. Maybe I have missed a plausible explanation but it still remains that wind Power energy is more expensive than fossil fuels due to the pricing Policy of presumably government otherwise Wind would provide the base load for electric Power.

Sponsored Links
Back