Window quotes and deciding who to go for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have 2 quotes from 2 local window manufacturers (about 10 windows), I have never used either before and I am trying to decide who to go for between the both of them. Is there a criteria or perhaps some questions that I could ask them both before deciding on who to go for ?

Lastly, which windows should have trickle vents and which should not, one of the companies said trickle vent should be on the windows for the extension part of the house and existing window replacement should not need to have a trickle vent.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
New builds and extensions require trickle vents, existing window replacement is like for like, if the old ones have them then the new ones need them, if not then they don't, most people don't like them and don't have them installed in existing windows even if they should of, technically against the regs but never heard of any repercussions

The best thing you can ask for are references and examples of their previous work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back