Windows 7 recovery problem. where did i go wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I have an acer laptop with windows 7, office 2011, comodo firewall, avg free edition and spybot.

I had tried to open an attachment from an e-mail from work.
this froze the pc, and after a forced shutdown, tried to login again.
the laptop was sllloooow!! but eventually logged out normally.

I then re-booted into safe mode to get to the restore points.

No restore points were there!!! even though I created 2 of the little *(&&*^*& about a month ago. ) can anyone tell me if they are deleted over a certain time??? or is there any options i missed e.g pathnames drives??

as a last resort, tried booting from the repair disk in the faint hope it would find the missing restore points.. but no luck (no suprise there)!
Had to rebuild!

Should I create BOTH restore points, and a system image seperatly?
and if so how many cds? the only data I have is 30+ cds installed onto iplayer.

Also... is there a way of just getting the laptop to go jump straight to service pack1 without doing all the updates prior to sp1 first?
Any help muchly appreciated..

Sponsored Links
Hello.
I have an acer laptop with windows 7, office 2011, comodo firewall, avg free edition and spybot.

I had tried to open an attachment from an e-mail from work.
this froze the pc, and after a forced shutdown, tried to login again.
the laptop was sllloooow!! but eventually logged out normally.

I then re-booted into safe mode to get to the restore points.

No restore points were there!!! even though I created 2 of the little *(&&*^*& about a month ago. ) can anyone tell me if they are deleted over a certain time??? or is there any options i missed e.g pathnames drives??

as a last resort, tried booting from the repair disk in the faint hope it would find the missing restore points.. but no luck (no suprise there)!
Had to rebuild!

Should I create BOTH restore points, and a system image seperatly?
and if so how many cds? the only data I have is 30+ cds installed onto iplayer.

Also... is there a way of just getting the laptop to go jump straight to service pack1 without doing all the updates prior to sp1 first?
Any help muchly appreciated..

If you have an extra drive or a partition on your only drive then defo go with an image no need for that system restore if you have one of those just make sure to include as many apps as possible to save installing them once you do a restore

Sponsored Links
Back