Windscreen washer fluid, neat or with water, what water?

Sponsored Links
Aye, who knows......I find that screen bugs don’t shift any easier, using screenwash or not.
A good cleaning solution is the unfortunately named ‘Muc Off’ bike cleaner -excellent product and cheaper than Autoglym.
John

A program on bottled water, the best tested had a thousand parts per million more bacteria that tap water, the worst around 10 thousand parts per million. Never understood why people fill their trolleys with bottled water , even the cheapest is very expensive compared with tap water and less pure. They also found mineral content to be negligible in any of the bottled waters.
I would have liked to have seen that as I do have an interest in water.
The following sentence should probably be in the interesting fact topic; bottled water is not drinking water .

Sponsored Links
I've had the rarely used rear washer block, with a jelly like substance - I simply blew it through with an airline. If I were concerned about tap water, I would simply boil it.

Aye, who knows......I find that screen bugs don’t shift any easier, using screenwash or not.
A good cleaning solution is the unfortunately named ‘Muc Off’ bike cleaner -excellent product and cheaper than Autoglym..

Bugs on the screen are not the problem they used to be. Back in the day, I would carry a bottle of Fairly, watered down 2/3rds with tap water. That would always shift them.

I use Prestone if I can find it, the one down to -18.

I use it neat in Winter.

Prestone or holts concentrated for me, never had any issues.
I guess I mix it around 30%.
Halfords concentrated is very good too when on offer.

I've had the rarely used rear washer block, with a jelly like substance - I simply blew it through with an airline. If I were concerned about tap water, I would simply boil it.
Before I knew better, I sometimes used a bit of washing up liquid instead of screenwash, and used to experience the "jelly gunk" that you mention.

Sponsored Links
Back