Wired 8V doorbell Chime

Sponsored Links
No, it couldn't, not with those colours

Again, not with those colours.
It's the colours I was going by. As I recall the progress; 1 & 2 no stripes. 3 stripes on whites, red, black ,yellow & purple's introduced, some manufacturers added stripes to main colours too. By 5 all wires striped.

The earlier cables tended to use a continuous longitudinal stripe such as this CAT4 (as we used for token ring);
1694517862271.png
although I don't think it has been a particular requirement Vs bands

It is 3 pair telephone internal wiring cable. It will work fine for a reasonable length run, instead of bell wire, but for a longer run, either double up 3 and 3 in parallel, or use bell wire.

Sponsored Links
It is 3 pair telephone internal wiring cable. It will work fine for a reasonable length run, instead of bell wire, but for a longer run, either double up 3 and 3 in parallel, or use bell wire.
Even better, that one is 4 pair.

For what it's worth we had a second doorbell in the garage at the end of the back garden, the run must have been over 40m and used one pair of a cable as above, installed for telephone extension.
Where I am now I've used 4 wire telephone cable (predated 2 pair) with a similar format, albeit a shorter run of about 20-25m and didn't give a second thought to suitability.
However as has been pointed out OP was several years ago.

Was it called that OFFICIALLY after the Mark II?

But enough about cars - how are you doing with the specifications for TIA/EIA Category 1 cable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back