wireless alarm systems

Sponsored Links
its all about choices and with that in mind wire free can only be a good thing

the required system comprises 3 pirs (conservatory, hall and kitchen) and possibly 2 window alarms (upstairs bedroom). a very simple system. my problem is i want it to be as safe as possible so i want the wireless system with the most effective features. i just need to understand what those features are.

Sponsored Links
Wireless systems and wired systems behave exactly the same.
The technology is different but the systems work in identical ways.

For example.

Wired systems have tamper circuits so that anyone trying to defeat the sensors will activate the alarm

Wirefree have jamming detection so anyone trying to defeat the system activates the alarm.

EXACTLY the same.

Both systems will activate the alarm when the appropriate sensor has detected movement.

The control panels will do the same functions and features on either alarm.

The features you need for a wirefree system are not within the system but within the people who will fit them and their level of experience fitting them.

does the fact that the installer creates the features mean that every wireless system has inherently the same level of security regardless of price? given that the equipment is fit for purpose of course. or do some systems utilise more up to date technology and software which enables the installer to incorporate more effective protection

1. Frequency : All new systems work in 868 Frequency i believe.
2. Battery life
3. How easy is it to find a fault if one occurs?
4. How many combinations of codes? ( settings eg: if there were 4 you would have a 1 in 4 chance)

These are the main things i can think of, afterall have you ever heard of anyone having there car fob code scanned??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back