Wireless contact sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alarm system has a door chime and sensor on the front door.

1676400183346.png

Decorating / stripped and painted door and added new architraves and left the sensor and associated cabling dangling to one side.

Is there a wireless direct swap option available? I see wireless sensors compatible with certain panels that support wireless sensors. Is there one I can retrofit : e.g., add a receiver to the cable (and tuck it away elsewhere) and just have a battery sensor on the door?

I'd rather disconnect it then have the cable tacked against the architrave as we found it.

Cheers for any hints

Sponsored Links
Pyronix UR2 plus wireless contact …..not cheap you would be looking around £100 plus, post picture of what you have done ..

Sponsored Links
It's just a wall and cable coming up from the floor...
What are you looking for?

What alarm system do you have ? What is the reason for not refitting the wired contact ?

Well nobody can comment on that picture as it doesn’t show anything maybe the contact wire could have gone behind the architrave ? Where would you put a wireless contact ? Can’t tell from that picture !

I don't mean to sound snarky . I'm not looking for suggestions to hide the cable, I just wanted to see if there's a sane priced wireless retrofit.

No space behind the architrave, it's tight. The door is also inset so would need more effort and wood butchering to hide a cable even if there was room.

I do appreciate the help but dont reckon the cost of a wireless is worth the door open chime noise. Can live without.

Thank you though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back