Wireless GSM Alarm - Yale Smart home or Visonic Powermax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for a new security alarm system (wireless preferred due to no wiring etc)

>GSM
>2-3 PIR's
>Door contacts

Have been reading aound the forum and appears that the Yale Smart Home or Visonic Powermax are recommended products, the Yale appears to be more expensive... does it have any advantages over the Visonic?

Also any recommendations for installers\companies in the Berkshire (Maidenhead) area or websites I can check?

Cheers
Sid

Sponsored Links
Ive fitted both and they are both excellent alarms indeed with no serious issues........

Probably the Yale is slightly better in terms of signal, battery efficency...new design ect.....

you wont go wrong with either....trawl the net you will find good prices on the smart....

Thanks Matt... Any clue on what I should pay for it fitted (smart ..) also any recommendations on installers?

Thanks Matt... Any clue on what I should pay for it fitted (smart ..) also any recommendations on installers?

The company I work fo I believe charge 200+VAT for a base system.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
If you're prepared to have a go yourself then the Yale Smarthome alarm is a very simple DIY install. I put one in to my house earlier this year and it's very simple + the engineers manual is available online and also easy to follow.

I've got the GSM module so receive calls/txts if the alarm triggers and I can arm/disarm the alarm via SMS or by dialing in.

You will pay a substantial premium for an installer to supply and install the Yale. But they will obviously provide support for you and I believe the warranty extends to 2 years if installed professionally.

Hi Matt,

Ordered the Yale and a few more bits n pieces from Max... Told him that you were a great Brand ambassador for him.

He told me to tell you that he'll give you 50% discount off your next order from them...

Cheers
Sid

Nice one, if you have any questions then just post here and I'll try and help out :)

Good choice Sid!

Max normally gives me the install business if its around Bristol.......I guess your not local...

Well happy days I need to order from him and get my 50% :)

If you got any questions on the install theres a good guy at Yale...Ive got his number somewhere.....

ATB
Matt

Hi

Which kit did you go for?

I am looking at the same kits

Visonic New Powermax Complete Pet Friendly Kit with built in Proximity Reader CODE: VPCK1-PF
£235.00 (Inc VAT)

and the Yale Easy Fit Telecommunicating Alarm EF-Kit2
CODE: EF-KIT2 **** £215.00 (Inc VAT)

Price wise is very similar £20 difference, I do have a cat so i might have to buy the yale pet sensors too.

Thanks

This is an interesting call as I would have said years ago Visonic no comparasin........However all credit to Yale Ive fitted a few of their new systems and the quality really is very good - no longer can the old school say Yale is rubbish!!

All the same the visonic is grade 2 , equipped with L-ion batteries and basically a higher spec system........My choice would be the powermax....more complex to install....

Thx
Matt

Thanks, out of interest how old are both systems and what are spare parts like to get hold of?

PMax has been around a long time where as the Yale is a relatively new release.....

If going visonic becareful where you source...many non UK priducts on the bay ect which are non compatible with UK variants as I found out trying to save a few pennies..... :LOL:

Would I be able to include (do they sell) a Dual Tech PIR on the Visionic system as I know that Yale do manufacture them?
I ask as I have 2 rear facing (south) doors where the rooms in neighbours houses suffer from false alarms with normal PIR's. I know it's a topic of conversation in itself but it might help me if I fitted them from scratch. Cheers.

I could be wrong but I think the pyronix enforcer offers dual tech pir....Not fitted one BUT I hear very good things about them.

Visonic PM does not offer DT PIR's..

Hope this helps,
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back