Wireless or reclocate central heating controller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always fail to understand why builders on new builds put central heating controllers in the corner of kitchens where most people will put a microwave or something that will obscure it!

I'm pretty sure this is costing me money as I can't be bothered to turn the heating off if I'm leaving the house early during it's evening programme etc

Therefore I'd like to know if it's possible to turn it in to a wireless unit or if there's a wirless one I can buy

Here's what I currently have:

large-lp-programmer-new-1a.jpg

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
That's one of the drawbacks of new-build - ie. room sizes are shrinking.

An easier route for you may be to change the room stat for a programmable one. Then you leave the heating set to constant on your existing programmer, and control everything from the stat.

Of course, if your stat is hidden behind a wardrobe, this may be impractical. ;)

You lazy git. Its a wonder you can manage to wipe your own ****
I can't be bothered to give you any advice. :evil:

That's one of the drawbacks of new-build - ie. room sizes are shrinking.

An easier route for you may be to change the room stat for a programmable one. Then you leave the heating set to constant on your existing programmer, and control everything from the stat.

Of course, if your stat is hidden behind a wardrobe, this may be impractical. ;)

Good plan! Thanks for this, I already have a programmable room stat, so I'll look in to that :D

Sponsored Links
I've had a look (as I'm not that lazy) and there is a myriad of wires. I was hoping that there might be a wireless adapter kit available to wire in and make it wireless somehow?

If you went with anything wireless, you wouldn't be able to put the receiver where the programmer is now. Receivers don't like being behind metal objects like microwaves.

You might just as well relocate your current programmer, or just control ch from your room stat.

I use 2 cordless thermostats, one for upstairs & one for downstairs, the range is about 80 feet, wireless programmable thermostat. I can move it from room to room & its so easy to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back