Wireless printer?

O

oompah

Our old printer as all but packed up so we are looking to get a new one, are wireless ones ok or best avoided any thoughts?Will £100 get a decent one don't do a lot of printing but the wife wants to make a scrap book for the daughter 18th Birthday so it will get a lot of use over the next couple of months printing photos.

Sponsored Links
I have always liked HP all-in-one printers and my latest was one of these;

HP Photosmart C4580 which cost me about £58 on offer at Argos last September.
They have doubled the price but it is still available on the net for about £60, click the link for prices.

Dead easy to set up wirelessly, found my network straight away.

Picture quality is good. HP are not the cheapest for inks but they work very well on remanufactured cartridges. I use the XL ones with extra ink in them:

Coloured

Black

But you can compare prices with genuine carts Here

Right have been out and got a printer and have got it working on two computers but on the wifes notepad there is no disc drive to set it up to wi-fi is there any way to copy a relevant part from the cd to a mem stick to enable the note pad, if so what do i look for.Ok I'm playing thick here why not copy the all the disc :oops: :idea:

What make and model of printer?

Check the manufacturer's site for installation downloads. Download to desktop either on the netbook and use to install, or save to desktop on another computer and drag it to a USB memory stick and use that to install.

I had to do that on one computer because the CD was damaged when I came to install on my new computer. Be aware that the download of installer and driver could take a long time, 30 minutes or more for some, because some of them are big.

Once I had it on a USB stick I kept it just incase I needed it againg after a reinstall of the OS.

dave

Sponsored Links
Its a Epsom SX515 I,ve managed to set it up by copying to a stick and installing on the pad that way thanks.Edit

Pleased to hear that you got it fixed. HOpe tyhe Manager is pleased with it.

The manufacturers think that all notepad users have an external DVD reader drive to install drivers and software.

Checkout what cartridges will work with your Epson, because some of their printers are fussy about unchipped carts, or remanufactured ones.

dave

I went with the Epsom because i have spare cartridges from my previous one they are the same.Yep the manager is pleased she has started with colour pictures already.

Back