Wireless security camera

Hi Securit,

I bet your over the moon with that bit of kit then ? I'm pleased for you. There's a character down the road from me who wants a wireless system but I've had to tell him that I can't really recommend since I like to see them first and there are so many to choose from. So here's the cheeky bit. If you could p.m. me the details I will recommend your setup to him, that's if you have no objections. Does the monitor have the facility to output to a VCR (one or two phono plugs ), if so, that's definitely what he's looking for. Anyway, I'll leave that in your hands, but good on you. I'll give bumblebee a check later on, sounds interesting, thanks for the info.

Talk with you soon,

Happy New Year,

Chain Daisy.

Sponsored Links
Hi, got my camera kit, could not belive how easy it was to set up, I have 2 cameras, you just press a button on each cam and they pair up with your 7" monitor, as I have one of my cameras trained on my drive with my caravan on it, any movement and the portable monitor alarm goes off by your bedside, the quality of both night n day is better than expected, it's all wireless except the power cord for each camera, the thing I was dreading was linking it up with my router as you can view your home via your phone, iv read about systems where you have to go into your computer to adjust gateways n dds and what not, but this does it all for you via an Ethernet cable, you just copy your int address n a password and that's it, simples,

Ps chaindaisy, check out bumblebee Newport, a load of bikes n stuff, sorry no bellboxes though

Hi, which system did you get?

How are the images during the day/night?

Yet well pleased with it, simple to set up, and the beauty is that you can watch your property via iPhone or android, the system is made by Honeywell, and retails for £250 in B n Q, but the same system is on offer on line at Maplins, for £189 and an extra camera is £89 compared to £149 at B n Q. Images are fine both night n day, you can adjust sensitivity on cameras, and the red glow of the infra reds at night would prove to anyone they're not dummy's.[/list]

Yet well pleased with it, simple to set up, and the beauty is that you can watch your property via iPhone or android, the system is made by Honeywell, and retails for £250 in B n Q, but the same system is on offer on line at Maplins, for £189 and an extra camera is £89 compared to £149 at B n Q. Images are fine both night n day, you can adjust sensitivity on cameras, and the red glow of the infra reds at night would prove to anyone they're not dummy's.[/list]

Sounds good. Can you tell me what model number it is?

Sponsored Links

Sounds good. Can you tell me what model number it is?

N93LK, I think it's only available on line at Maplins, as its a special web offer, it's £189 for monitor and 1 camera, but if you go on line and sign up for there news letters you get vouchers, and you will get £7 off, they also sell the exact model in B n Q the only diff is cameras are silver and Maplins are black, but the price is £250 and extra cameras are £149 each compared to Maplins £89 so it's quite a saving, pop into your B n Q to see it, as I said before I looked at many wireless cameras where you connect to your router, but you had to adjust so many settings I was afraid of messing things up, but this one is simples, ( even my wife could do it ) n she's just mastering light switches, lol, the quality of the pictures is very good even at night, the only hard part is going up a ladder, luckily i connected cameras power source to a security light so no need for much drilling, for hope this helps if you want any more info or help, no problem,

Easy Setup - took minutes to set up in the house.

Spend days trying to access a web cam on my phone - this time it took longer to download the OMGuard app than it did to link to the camera - easy peasy!

The LCD has no memory card - though the manual says it should have. I'd like to get one but there are different types like SDHC or SD UIX some are grade 4, others grade 10 and points in between. Can someone advise?
Someone mentioned linking to a DVR but a memory card will hold 4000 minutes - and it can be played back on a pc. I'm 35 miles from Maplin else I'd take it in.

Also, my movement alarm worked once, a few minutes after I set it up last week - the postman and bin men walked by just now and ...... silence! Any tips?
R

Easy Setup - took minutes to set up in the house.

Spend days trying to access a web cam on my phone - this time it took longer to download the OMGuard app than it did to link to the camera - easy peasy!

The LCD has no memory card - though the manual says it should have. I'd like to get one but there are different types like SDHC or SD UIX some are grade 4, others grade 10 and points in between. Can someone advise?
Someone mentioned linking to a DVR but a memory card will hold 4000 minutes - and it can be played back on a pc. I'm 35 miles from Maplin else I'd take it in.

Also, my movement alarm worked once, a few minutes after I set it up last week - the postman and bin men walked by just now and ...... silence! Any

R
Hi ray jones, use sd card either 8gb or a 16gb but either way look for a class 10, it will say class 10 on the card, they are more suitable for video recording and faster write/copy, I have had mine for about 2 weeks with a 16g card in and there's still months of storage on it, and im running three cameras so a 8gb would be fine, don't forget it only records in 2 min increments, but I have found that unlike a PIR security light which activates on detection of heat, these respond to movement ANY, so a bush or in my case one of my 3 cameras is watching my garden and triggers if my patio table parasol moves
in the wind, so you will prob get a few false triggers, but I look at as security so if anything has happened the previous night or day, you can look back to that day on the calendar and just delete the rest of the week so you will never run out of storage, as for the alarm function this does not work as its a misprint in the manual, I contacted honywell and they told me this function of alarming on movement is obsolete as I found out, I think it's on page 25 on mine, it's interesting when you look back on particular nights, as I get a regular visit from a fox I never knew we had, if I can be of anymore help just ask.

Thanks for the reply - I suppose the memory card mentioned on P5 is another misprint too.
From what you say when a movement is detected it triggers a 2min recording - so a 16gb card will give me just over 1000 of the most recent movements which will do fine. I'll order one later.
Is there any reason why I should not have replaced the camera antenna? I've increased the range by using an 8db screw-in type - I only get 1 bar on my signal but the original only barely got into the house.

If it helps anyone, my camera is 20m from the lcd receiver, and the signal passes through 3 walls (1 shed wall, the outside cavity wall and bedroom wall). Four breeze blocks in all. The signal strength is a 5-bar scale but I only get 1 bar having replaced the cameras detachable antenna. With the original antenna it was an intermittent 1-bar through 3 breeze blocks.

I would like an extra camera but it would need to have a more "punchy" transmitter as it would be 20m further away.
Thanks again.
Ray

Thanks for the reply - I suppose the memory card mentioned on P5 is another misprint too.
From what you say when a movement is detected it triggers a 2min recording - so a 16gb card will give me just over 1000 of the most recent movements which will do fine. I'll order one later.
Is there any reason why I should not have replaced the camera antenna? I've increased the range by using an 8db screw-in type - I only get 1 bar on my signal but the original only barely got into the house.

If it helps anyone, my camera is 20m from the lcd receiver, and the signal passes through 3 walls (1 shed wall, the outside cavity wall and bedroom wall). Four breeze blocks in all. The signal strength is a 5-bar scale but I only get 1 bar having replaced the cameras detachable antenna. With the original antenna it was an intermittent 1-bar through 3 breeze blocks.

I would like an extra camera but it would need to have a more "punchy" transmitter as it would be 20m further away.
Thanks again.
Ray
Have you looked in box, cause mine was hidden in the packaging, an 8g should be fine as I delete every week if nothing has happened, ( not that I hope it does )

At first I thought the camera antenna was missing so pulled out all the cardboard & found it at the bottom - but still no SD card. Sent email but no reply from Maplin yet but now I know it should have had an 8gb card. Manual says I need an SD card to update firmware which I thought may cure the "no alarm" issue - but you've addressed that one - but still need it to record movement.
R

My sd card was trapped between cardboard, its only after folding the box for rubbish it fell out, just set your cameras to movement, and you'll be fine, I have 2 set on high sensitivity, and the other low as its covering a smaller area, am I sad or what, sitting in tesco having a cup of coffee watching my house on my phone though there wifi.

Followed up on the folds - nothing. I did shake the box originally but now they're flat packed and I'm absolutely sure!
I see Maplin has a B grade 6mm Sentient camera at £32 so put the question to their website "is it compatible" - the standard camera has focal length of 3.6mm but is too "wide angled" for where I would put cam2. Thanks again.

Just got a reply from Maplin Tech Dept. on the "Missing" SD card -
"item in question doesnt include an SD card but can be used with all speeds of card."
I also asked is they could give me a URL / link for the firmware download but no answer. I should know better than to ask 2 questions in the same email.
R

As its a new model, you shouldn't need an update but if you want to try then put SD card into your computer and log onto the address in manual n download onto the SD card

There's the rub - on P29 it says "Upgrade your software (p48)" - but there are only 35 pages. On page 32 it says go to www.maplin.co.uk to check firmware version - I suppose it is a clue, but not much else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back