Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon it is now.

Let's assume we've got a customer that wants:

A basic alarm with 3 PIRs.

A facility to call or better still text a message to three numbers.

Operate via a simple keyfob.

Allow an elderly person to carry a pendant around the neck in case of a fall or ill health.

Well? What would it cost for a traditional wired system?

And a simple wireless system?

Now lets assume that it is a rental property.

With the wireless gear I can take it out and fit it into the new address when they move - I can't do that with a wired system.
So it is becoming quite clear to me that wireless is the way forward.
I've been fitting wired systems for over 25 years - but it's time to give the customer what they want. Simple installation, no carpets or floorboards to take up.

It's what the CPOs are telling crime victims to get around where I am.
You can't sell old technology and compete.

Well? Am I right?

Sponsored Links
No.
Your not right as you miss several other points.

It's called giving the customer what they want. It's not for you to decide.

I give two quotes when requested one wireless, one wired.
What else can I do?

They take what they want, but I use particular equipment that is graded and tested fully.

So as you say it is their choice.
I do find the bit about when they move out you can take it elsewhere strange? Did you mean if YOU ( The landlord) sells the property?

I take your experience into account, less than mine but admirable all the same. Just not with the same variety and experience.

Sponsored Links
the customer is not qualified to say what they want because they have not spent 40 years working on professional alarm

You are not qualified to give them what they want because you have not spent 40 years working on professional alarms.

There are lots of other factors you and the customer have not taken into account and they should not be permitted to have an alarm that can be bought for £200 or less.

If they ever have a problem or a question and come on here they will be abused and insulted for buying a low-cost alarm.

the customer is not qualified to say what they want because they have not spent 40 years working on professional alarm

You are not qualified to give them what they want because you have not spent 40 years working on alarms.

There are lots of other factors you and the customer have not taken into account and they should not be permtted to have an alarm that can be bought for £200 or less.

So your saying a Yale isnt acceptable in any circumstances then? As it is less than £200?
Your saying someone with NSI and SSAIB isnt qualified to install..........what are you, retired sparky no up to date quals?

I do a RA for each job and it is agreed with the client and insurers.
Do go away, your only here to argue and try and press "report" as much as possible.
Not a qualified security consultant.

It's called giving the customer what they want. It's not for you to decide.
It's the same old dilemma. Stick by your principles, based on technical competence/know how etc, or, put your salesmans hat on and sell what the customer asks for.

Basis for the miguided claim that engineers don't make good salesmen.

JohnD, stop editing to clear your errors.

I have fitted more professional systems than you and Yale or whatever incarnation he uses have combined.
Signed off by the relevant professional bodies. The Police and Military where needed.

The only abuse and insults are you lot not liking an answer that does not suit you.

Really sad for supposed grown men who say they ft security items.

Really sad for supposed grown men who say they ft security items.

you're talking about yourself, obviously

No, read up.
Your the one saying sub £200 is useless.

JohnD wrote:

There are lots of other factors you and the customer have not taken into account and they should not be permtted to have an alarm that can be bought for £200 or less.

Many panels and kits sub £200 are far better as they are wired.
They are not able to be used for insurance, unless agreed, but far more stable than other particular items at that price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back