Best way to make alarm ethernet connection wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
due to the wiring on the building I can't use Ethernet over mains as they are on different circuits.

is it possible to make the alarm end wireless and connect to the router on the next floor?

also which system is best value?

Sponsored Links
For anything alarm reporting wise, try to get a wired connection fitted. WiFi just introduces another failure point into the system. If you really must, then you can configure some routers as access points.

hard wired would great, just wondering how to make the hardwired ip wireless back to the router, I can get a decent wireless signal, but the alarm panel is all hard wired and I don't want a gprs connection and a monthly contract for the sim.

Sponsored Links
What you need is a wireless client bridge. Some routers and access points have this mode, but more don't than do.
You log the client bridge into the WiFi, and then it bridges the network to an ethernet socket - the connected device sees a wired ethernet circuit and in most cases should just plug in and be none the wiser about the WiFi link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back