wiring a pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit a differential pressure switch to a duct with a delivery fan in it to interrupt the electrical supply to an appliance in the event of the fan breaking down,there is a three core flex feeding the appliance and I assume I would have to re-route the supply through the pressure switch which has three terminals,but how would the wiring be done?,any one help?,thanks.

Sponsored Links
You would only be able to switch the live on the pressure switches I have fitted in commercial kitchens.

These are always wired to a contactor which controls the appliances.

In the case of a commercial kitchen it is best to use the control panels designed for the job. They force the kitchen operative to start both intake and extract fans before being able to open the gas valve. If any emergency stops are operated, or the firealarm sounded (if connected), then the fans stop and gas valve closes.

What is the rating (voltage and current) of the pressure switch? Agree with Lectrician, these are normally used on the control side to run a relay or a contactor which controls the power circuit. How are you looking to connect the pressure switch, is the connection on the intake or output of the fan against atmosphere or across the fan? You say delivery fan so I take it you are using it to pressurise a room? Is there anything else in the ventilation i.e. filters?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back