wiring a system with 2 heating zones and 1 dhw zone valves

Sponsored Links
How about a link to some of the so called RGI's that have seriously messed up and got the custards killed through shoddy work.

You want something done right doityourself.

Sponsored Links
How about a link to some of the so called RGI's that have seriously messed up and got the custards killed through shoddy work.

You want something done right doityourself.

Tut tut, double standards methinks, no good comes from spilling yer guts on an open Forum ? knee jerk?

Not at all, there's two side to every story. Just because you employ a pro doesn't mean a good or safe job, in fact some of the standard of work shown on the forums, quite the opposite I would say.

There again you only hear about the cowboys and bad jobs, so just maybe it ain't quite so bad a it looks.

The thing is, we have and should back up every Enginneer that takes time and money to get qualified.

Yes you do get some bad work from Pros, but that is in all aspects of life. we should never criticise or belittle qualified people on an open Forum.

I had a Dentist who took out the wrong tooth? oops

My mate had a Surgeon take off the wrong leg ?oops

Suggest you get a sparks to wire it ....... Also are you using a 3 channel clock

Most sparks will be stood scratching their heads when it comes to heating wiring.
And that includes the qualified ones. :LOL:

That's why it's called diyNOT not diyYES
I might be wrong, but I think you have the wrong end of the stick!

I have always taken the site name to be a pun on "Do it yourself, why not?"

After all, the Welcome Page says, first paragraph:

DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?

DH, good drawing but couple of flaws (in my book anyway). First is there is no cylinderstat strapped to the UV cylinder, second is position of grey wire to MVs

Have to say 10/ 10 for suggesting standarised wiring setup to assist guys that follow the installer should system go belly up.

look s plans, p plans, y plans and added heating zones are not a problem. i normally fit the plumbing and the gas and am fully qualified and have been for many years. the problem being i normally get the sparks to do it, but as usual they have refused because without saying they don't know how and can only fit lights,sockects,switches and fuse boards. their best hobby is drilling through mains, heating pipes or waste pipes, and not having the balls to tell you about it,till you test the system and have to stay behind to repair it while they go home.what i am asking is with the vaillant with the pump and programmer built in, do i go striaght from the isolation switch to the boiler(i suspect yes) but then how do i get those 3 to speak to the junction box without having a permantant live and also how do i control the megaflo cylinder stat not the immersion heaters as i know thats seperate. the wireless room stat is unprogrammable.sorry if this upsets anyone but the only way you learn is by asking questions and i thought thats what this site was for! how many apprentices have you had that stand around and are not the blinding bit interested in what you do!
:?:

RF Lightening, here is a question for you. While (I am told) grey wire connected where it is in D H'S diagram is not an issue with boiler in question, why is it a bad idea to wire other boilers like this?

ooh ooh me sir! me sir! :D

wavey.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back