Wiring Built-in Microwave and Oven off same Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cooker radial circuit (6mm T&E straight to CU protected by 40amp MCB) and am removing old cooker and replacing with separate combi microwave, single oven and induction hob. Assuming the loadings are acceptable for the current cable size and MCB Is it okay to wire both the oven and the micro (one sits above the other in bulit-in unit) into the cooker connection unit and have one DP switch for the two appliances. or is it better to have spearate DP switches (both fed from the 6mm cable) for each appliance. The reason I ask is I am trying to cut down on the amount of switches I have above worktop level. I will end up with 1 for oven 1 for micro 1 for induction hob all in a row. I have a separate radial circuit (same as oven) for hob so would like to keep this separate. The micro comes with a 13A plug fitted. So presumably if I was to combine the wiring then I would have to put a 13a socket (spur from cooker connection unit) for the micro so it has 13A fuse protection rather than just cutting the plug off and connecting it directly to the Cooker connection unit? The oven is self cleaning and hence requires to be hard wired as opposed to being fitted with 13A plug as is normally the case.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back