wiring documentation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my mates told me there is a book available that has the wiring diagrams for just about every timer and valve on the market. Not sure if it is a book on it’s own or that it comes with a course. Either way, I would be interested. Who knows the title of the book, author or even better the isbn?
Come to think of it, any other recommendations on books with handy practical tips and tricks? I am thinking along the lines of SNAGS series or on site guide, but for gas. Anything to make a plumber’s life easier really.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Read the review by the author on amazon and it sounds exactly like the thing I am looking for. It so rare that people have manuals or diagrams that I am surprised when they mange to pull them out.
You have probably had it yourself when you came across a timer you had never seen before. Supplier says: yes, this one is compatible with the old one, but forgets to mention that you need to rewire it. and of course there are 4 cables coming out of the wall that are all t&e and nothing is marked. And just when you think you have figured it out, the client pokes his head around the door and says: can I ask you something? Why is the pump running when the boiler is off?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
Was just referring to a job a while ago when I thought I had sorted out which wire was what, only to find it had never been wired up correctly in the first place. Redid the whole thing with a complete control pack based on a full programmer, so the cylinder would be heated before the heating comes on. Client said it was working better than ever before. No wonder if the heating had never worked on its own and the pump was permanently on. Not to mention a spur at the boiler AND a spur for the timer. Previous plumber was very eco-friendly; did not have a van but a horse.

Worst one i done was vaillant system boiler two wireless roomstats cylinder stat two clocks 3 motorised valves. I had to feed most of wires up behind dot an dab plasterboard to hide them..Told mate bug#er off and don`t come in here for an hour, didn`t want to get one wire wrong.

In the van somewhere got a series of books from BG with every clock/progammer/valve from sixties to mid ninties, also intenal wiring of a lot of combi`s . Can come in quite handy when you come across the unusual and rare stuff out there .

cor blimey nam I would love to get my mitts on that there book of yours i would

:)

worse wiring i have ever seen was one where the over heat resettable stat on unvented cylinder ignored, the pump was wired to perm live, programmer left loose on the work top, and conductor exposed everywhere

yipeeee kaiii yayyyyyyyyyyyy

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back