wiring range cooker .

run your cooker in 10mm cable mate and u could have a shower at the same time :LOL: it runs on a load of gass,and has 2ovens,2kw and 1.6kw

Sponsored Links
seehig said:
run your cooker in 10mm cable mate and u could have a shower at the same time

...except that is too much for your old fuse box.

Get a good, recommended and qualified electrician in (before making the appointment, ask if he is a member of a self-certification scheme - the correct answer is "yes" - and which one).

I think at the least you will need a new CU for the cooker to take the load off the old box; preferably transfer the electric shower as well, and, sadly, it's quite likely the whole house has an old electrical installation that's due for replacement.

If it's not convenient to do the whole house yet, consider having a large* split-load CU fitted, with capacity to add the other circuits to it as and when convenient. This could also be the best time to have a dedicated kitchen circuit installed, with loads of sockets and appliance outlets, to avoid disturbing the newly-fitted kitchen in future.

* the cost of a large CU, with spare, empty space in it, is very little more than the cost of a small one. You only need to buy some more fresh air and a little extra plastic.

an electrician is coming out to have a look . her cooking better improve no end . the volume and speed of response has been wonderful thank you.

Sponsored Links
I've just acquired a new cooker (not a range or anything like that) which states it must be wired to the terminal outlet with 6mm cable - I am guessing that this is an "at least" scenario and if there is anything bigger coming from the TO then it will be OK.

House was re-wired in Oct to very latest standards by the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back