wiring regs question

20 Jan 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am converting my attic. building regs sorted. There is a radial circuit for the sockets to a specific breaker in the Consumer unit and the lights are attached to the upstairs circuit. I need to move the existing sockets and lights / switches as the layout is changing. I may need to replace some wiring because of the moving, Am I allowed to do this work or do I need to get an electrician. As I understand it I can add new sockets and lights and I can replace a damaged cable under the new regs.
Sponsored Links
There is no limit to what you can do, only what you can to without building regs notification

You are allowed to add and move sockets and lights on existing circuits without notification though as long as its not a kitchen bathroom or outside

But if you are working under a building notice already, as long as your BCO has a sensible attitude to part p, then there should be noting stopping you re-wireing the house if you wish!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links