Wiring Regulations for Cloakrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do the electrics in a cloakroom with just a sink and toilet need to comply with part p regulations? Some threads on here suggest not and I would like to check before starting to install a new one.

Thank you.

James.

Sponsored Links
All domestic electrics have to comply with Part P. I think you really want to know if a cloakroom counts as a special location under BS7671, to which the answer is no, it doesn't. Think bathroom, shower, lots pof splashy water, and that's your special location - not usually an issue with a cloakroom.

PJ

Thank you for the clarification. Yes: I meant, it seems, "special location". I had thought that part P was just the bathroom and kitchen section.

Regards,

James.

Sponsored Links
Yep, all work on domestic installations in England and Wales needs to comply with part P, wether or not it is notifiable is a different question.
A WC is not a special location.
Only the zones in rooms containing bathtubs and showers are special locations (unless you are posh enough to have a sauna or swimming/paddling pool etc!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back