1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Wiring up a new range oven to existing hard wired fuse

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by janieJones123, 24 Mar 2020.

1. janieJones123

janieJones123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I took delivery of a new dual fuel range cooker today to replace my old built-in single oven. However, I want to see if I can hook it up to the existing circuit, as given everything at the minute, I can't get (or rather don't want to get) an electrician out.

Here's what I currently have:
    cookerfuse.jpg

cookerswitch.jpg

cookerwires.jpg

There is also an earth wire, but this was not connected to the previous oven.
    earthwire.jpg

And in the back of the new oven, I can see the test wires:
    testwires.jpg

Looking at the manual, connecting looks pretty simple. For 220-240 V seems like live wire goes to 1, neutral goes to 4 and earth to the earth tag.
    Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 16.53.08.png

I guess my question is whether the fuse amperage would be high enough, and how to check this? Or whether I may need to get the circuit updated?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    Yes, circuit fine.

The cable looks alright but does not look like it has been used before. The earth wire should be longer than the other two.

I don't know what the earth wire coming out of the wall is. You have an earth wire in the cable.

Not sure what the "test wires" are, unless they are long enough to reach a wall connection plate.

The circuit breaker (not a fuse) of 32A is fine.

4. winston1

winston1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The live goes to 1, 2, and 3 linked together.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local