Wood burner Flue Increasing Adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wood burner outlet is 5 inches and I understand the stainless twinwall flue needs to be 6 inches to comply with current regulations and that an easily available increasing adapter will accomplish this satsfactorily.

My question is - is it possible to use a 7 inch flue with this stove? If so, are there increasing adapters readily available to do this?

Sponsored Links
The documentation that came with your wood burner would/should have stated something to the effect that the flue size must not be less than the outlet flue size for that stove.

One would assume from this that there is no problem with the flue being larger.
From my experience (admittedly, in France, none in the UK, eg http://www.bricodepot.fr/st-brieuc/node/475055 ), adaptors are readily available form one size to another and sometimes from one size to a larger one, skipping the intermediate size.

Try these for a reducer:
http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/wood_burning_stoves/Flexible-Flue-Liners.html

Minimum size of twin wall liner is 150mm, you can go larger so long as the liner will go down the stack, adapters are available.
These works come under building control, unless using a Hetas registered installer who will issue certificate.

Thanks to the two people who have replied.

It seems from what you say that increasing from 5 inches to 7 inches is OK. The flue I will use is 7 inch Selkirk twinwall outside flue but I haven't yet found an increasing adapter in the UK to convert from the 5 inch wood burner outlet pipe to the Selkirk 7 inch flue pipe. Where would I get one of these?

Sponsored Links
You will find the item at, Hotline Chimneys
Look for Adaptors and Increasers, product no TWAD1213
Adapts from 130mm to 180mm £27.71 next day delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back