Wood cutting…

Sponsored Links
Hello

I have had a bad month, sorry for late reply.

I don’t want to be negative, but that’s a very difficult project to do.

You really need CAD or be pretty good with maths and geometry.

Cutting the parts needs a jig on a table saw

When my head is completely clear of the extra morphine and pain is good that day, maths comes easy, otherwise I need to use calculators for simple maths…

What jig would I need? Was hopeful I could get the supplies to cut the wood for me (at the angles), as the table saw isn’t fully setup yet.

Easy.
Set the table saw at 22.5⁰ angle and do all the lengthwise cuts.
Once joined they'll give you an octagonal shape.
What do you mean your table saw is not set up yet?
It takes very little time and that's the right tool for the job.

When I brought the saw, it had the worst fence, completely twisted riving knife, and I can’t drop the blade down into the saw (change height of blade). I have brought and modified a good fence for my table saw, but don’t have access to cut wide sections yet as I plan to build a modular system so I can safe space, effectively turning my job site saw to a much larger footprint, by adding an out feed table, side extensions.

Is it not easier to buy a basic plastic bin?

It’s a lot easier to buy something already made, however this is the only thing keeping me going, suffering from disabilities to depression to grief, and physical pain, working out what I need to do, is now key to my life.

general comments when you come to assembly

i glue them in pairs
i will apply d4 glue for 25mm then a 25mm gap at each end then d4 in the middle bit possibly a further one or two 25mm spots iff long
i then superglue spots and activator on other side just in the 25mm gap then hold firmly together for 3-5 mins then leave the d4 to cure for an hour on a hot day or 2 hours on a cooler day but not cold thats overnight
you then join 2 together to make a half never more
then you can lay on a flat surface and with a sheet off sandpaper get the surface flat iff its not

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you look at the waste paper bin it’s tapered

It’s not 22.5 deg
I am after a bin that is not tapered, it was the only picture of roughly what I am after that shows the 8 sides, with wood grain…

I'm wondering whether, as a start, you make one that's not tapered...?
It was not my plan to make one tapered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back